Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, February 15-21
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for Feb. 15-21 covered AHU component makeup, changes to NFPA 70-2017, why AHUs are important, complex fire alarm system design and commissioning, and LED lighting and control system design considerations. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
- AHU types, components – In this second portion, engineers will understand the component makeup of air handling units (AHUs) and their inclusion within various HVAC systems.
- Understanding the changes to NFPA 70-2017 – NFPA 70-2017: The National Electrical Code (NEC) has many requirements that apply to designing electrical systems for health care facilities. It’s vital to understand the changes in the 2017 edition in order to stay code-compliant.
- Why are AHUs important – Providing energy-efficient and comfortable HVAC systems is an important task for HVAC engineers and designers. In this first part, learn about the importance of air handling units (AHUs) within building HVAC systems.
- Complex fire alarm system design and commissioning – Fire protection engineers should determine the level of complexity needed in a fire alarm system design based on the building size/type and design a system that meets code requirements accordingly.
- LED lighting and control system design considerations – Designers need to explore various approaches and requirements to lighting design as codes and standards are becoming more energy-conscious.