Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, March 2022
Read the best articles in March 2022 including: Health care generators, electrical power quality, switch time duration, lighting controls and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in March 2022 posted over the last three months covered electrical power quality, health care generator, single-pair Ethernet, lighting controls and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
2. Understand the distinctions of generators for health care – Generator systems designed for health care occupancies have a unique set of requirements.
3. How single-pair Ethernet can simplify your data network – Single-pair Ethernet (SPE) is exactly what it sounds like, an Ethernet cable that has one twisted pair of copper conductors rather than the usual four.
4. How to use sequence of operations for lighting controls – Sequence operations provides a clear, concise and client-friendly method of communicating lighting design intent.
5. Top smart building system essentials – These three critical considerations, three best investments and three common pitfalls will help in the design of a smart building.
6. Using artificial intelligence to control building systems – Energy savings in buildings can be achieved when artificial intelligence and building automation systems are connected to achieve HVAC goals.
7. How to know which evaporative cooling option is right – When considering evaporative cooling, understand the general applications and high-level engineering considerations.
8. Office building electrical, power system design has changed – COVID, employee well-being and indoor air quality issues have all changed the way office building electrical and power systems are considered.
9. Fire pump systems design and coordination – Learn about the details of fire pump design and interdisciplinary coordination throughout the design process.
10. Video: Chilled water system design with Henderson Engineers – Two mechanical system design experts take a holistic view of chillers and chilled water systems.