Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, July 2020
Read the best articles in July 2020 including: Product of the Year finalists, air ventilation and HVAC, NFPA 99 in health care facilities, re-entering the workplace and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in July 2020 covered Product of the Year finalists, air ventilation and HVAC, NFPA 99 in health care facilities, re-entering the workplace and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2020 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote now for the best products! Who will win gold in 2020? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 16th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
2. Air ventilation and HVAC with Brian Sharkey – Brian Sharkey with Airadigm Solutions offers test-and-balance professionals tips on air balancing and other HVAC issues in nonresidential buildings.
3. How to apply NFPA 99 in the design of health care facilities – Examine three areas of NFPA 99 that are often discussed during the design and construction of a health care facility.
4. Seven steps to plan for re-entering the workplace – When people return to the office after the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided enough, it is important to have a concrete plan in place during those early days to enhance safety and worker confidence.
5. How COVID-19 is affecting air quality, smart buildings – Arup’s Mark Walsh-Cooke shared tools to help engineers stay better informed about HVAC systems, air quality, smart buildings and technology.
6. The importance of healthy buildings in a pandemic – The wellness impacts of sustainable building design approaches in creating healthier and more productive lives for their occupants is even more important as the COVID-19 pandemic becomes a fact of life.
7. Strategies to improve chiller plant performance, efficiency – Learn how to design chilled water systems that meet the thermal comfort demands and achieve operational and energy efficiencies.
8. Researchers create air filter to trap, kill COVID-19 – University of Houston researchers have collaborated and designed a “catch and kill” air filter with nickel foam that can trap the virus responsible for COVID-19, killing it instantly.
9. Does your engineering firm need a tech stack? – Learn how to develop or fine-tune an integrated tech stack at your engineering firm.
10. COVID-19 and the impacts to the workplace – The Bala Consulting Engineers COVID-19 Task Force has published a white paper to assist engineers in making buildings safer.