Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, February 2022
Read the best articles in February 2022 including: Health care generators, electrical power quality, switch time duration, lighting controls and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in February 2022 posted over the last three months covered fire pump design, BAS replacements, health care generators, lighting codes and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Understand the distinctions of generators for health care – Generator systems designed for health care occupancies have a unique set of requirements.
2. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
3. How to apply transfer switch time duration and short-time WCR – Learn about UL 1008 short-circuit testing and passing criteria, and know how to apply the short-circuit withstand and closing rating in a power system.
4. How to use sequence of operations for lighting controls – Sequence operations provides a clear, concise and client-friendly method of communicating lighting design intent.
5. Engineering mitigations limit infection from COVID-19 – Ultraviolet germicidal irradiance (UVGI) has the ability to make buildings and indoor spaces healthier for their occupants by significantly reducing the spread of COVID-19 and future airborne respiratory viruses.
6. Video: Chilled water system design with Henderson Engineers – Two mechanical system design experts take a holistic view of chillers and chilled water systems.
7. Combatting the climate crisis through building electrification – What exactly should we first do with our buildings to combat the climate crisis?
8. Fire pump systems design and coordination – Learn about the details of fire pump design and interdisciplinary coordination throughout the design process.
9. Did your engineering salary go up or down? – While base salaries dipped slightly, nonsalary compensation increased dramatically in this year’s salary survey
10. Five steps to BAS replacements – Replacement of building automation systems can follow the process and precision of medical surgery.