ODVA selects organization leadership for 2012-2013
The ODVA Board of Directors selections were made during the ODVA annual meetings in October. Cyril Perducat has been appointed as chairman of the board for the 2012-2013 term. ODVA is the governing organization for EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, CompoNet, ControlNet, and other network tools based on the ODVA Common Industrial Protocol (CIP).
ODVA has selected leadership for its 16th term. These selections were made in October 2012 at ODVA’s annual meetings of its board and of its members in Stone Mountain, Ga., USA. ODVA is the governing organization for EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, CompoNet, ControlNet, and other network tools based on the ODVA Common Industrial Protocol (CIP).
Directors constituting ODVA’s Board include:
- Cyril Perducat, senior vice president for Strategy-Technology-Solutions/CTO at Schneider Electric
- Frank Kulaszewicz, senior vice president for Architecture and Software at Rockwell Automation
- Maciej Kranz, Vice President and General Manager of the Connected Industries Group at Cisco Systems
- Ikuo Tateishi, Corporate Planning Manager for Omron Electronics and Acting CEO at STI for Omron
- Bernd-Josef Schäfer, executive vice president for Engineering and Manufacturing (Electric Drives and Controls) for Bosch Rexroth
- Raimund Sommer, Managing Director for Process Solutions at Endress+Hauser
- Michael Höing, vice president for Electronics Business at Weidmüller Interface
ODVA’s Board has appointed director Cyril Perducat to serve as ODVA’s chairman of the board, director Frank Kulaszewicz as treasurer, and participant from ODVA member Eaton Electrical, Richard Harwell, as chief technology officer (CTO). Also appointed was ODVA senior staff member, Katherine Voss, as president and executive director, responsible for general management of the organization which has headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, and additional operations in China, Germany, Japan and Korea.
As CTO, Harwell will chair ODVA’s Technical Review Board (TRB), which is comprised of representatives from ODVA’s members and oversees ODVA’s technical standards for its networks. ODVA’s TRB in the 16th term includes returning representatives David VanGompel of Rockwell Automation, Paul Didier of Cisco Systems, Rudy Belliardi of Schneider Electric, and Ludwig Leurs of Bosch Rexroth. Richard Jackson of Omron, Jörg Hähniche of Endress+Hauser, Oliver Kleineberg of Belden and Eric Scott of Molex join the TRB for their first term.
Individuals are appointed or reappointed as officers, directors or TRB representatives for one term, as defined from one annual meeting of the organization’s members to its next annual meeting. ODVA’s board of directors and its TRB hold regular meetings throughout the term to fulfill responsibilities to the organization.