Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed HVAC articles in 2021
Read the best articles about HVAC published in the last year including: Choosing between an ECM and VFD, COVID-19 mitigation, hospital ventilation design, smart building design and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online about HVAC posted over the last year covered choosing between an ECM and VFD, COVID-19 mitigation, hospital ventilation design, smart building design and hospital design during COVID. Also: See additional HVAC stories here.
1. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
2. Effective COVID-19 mitigation for HVAC systems – There are many technologies available for HVAC systems to combat the spread of COVID-19, but not all systems apply to all building types.
3. Navigating hospital ventilation design during COVID-19 – COVID-19 has impacted ventilation design considerations in health care settings in a prominent way.
4. How smart buildings combat health concerns – Building owners can use sensor technology and centralized building controls to make their buildings safer and more resilient.
5. Designing, retrofitting hospitals during COVID – While COVID-19 has changed many aspects in a health care facility, some things remain identical.