Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed content, June 2022
Read the best content in June 2022 including: 40 Under 40 winners, electrical distribution systems, NFPA 13-2022, emergency generators and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 online in May 2022 posted over the last three months covered 40 Under 40 winners, electrical distribution systems, NFPA 13-2022, emergency generators and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2022 40 Under 40 winners announced – Family, work and community drive these winners to excel.
2. Electrical distribution systems: Fuses versus circuit breakers – How does an electrical engineer decide between fuses and circuit breakers? The answer: It depends.
3. Understanding the NFPA 13-2022 updates – An overview of the adopted changes of NFPA 13 offers insights into what changes are imminent.
4. Five reasons emergency generators fail when you need them – Here are five common reasons why generators fail.
5. Your questions answered: How to incorporate controls into HVAC systems – HVAC systems and their controls have continued to advance.
6. What to know about the 2022 edition of NFPA 72 – The 2022 edition of NFPA 72 has a number of changes. These changes can be implemented before the adoption of the code to enhance a fire alarm’s system design.
7. Applied versus packaged rooftop units — does it matter? – The line between applied and packaged rooftop units is sometimes blurred, and ultimately the needs of the project will dictate whether applied or packaged should be recommended and specified based on the wide array of available options.
8. What every engineer designing smoke control systems should know – This outlines the design requirements and their basis for smoke control systems.
9. Technology drives K-12 school changes – Updates, COVID and tech trends are shifting the way K-12 schools are designed.
10. Video: Electrification, decarbonization in hospitals – Two experts from Henderson Engineers explain how hospitals are setting trends in building electrification.