M/E Insider: RTKL Engineer Wins Award; USGBC Promotes LEED VP
• R. Stephen Spinazzola, P.E. , a vice president and director of engineering with RTKL Assocs., Inc. , has been named an Innovator of the Year by The Daily Record , a daily business and legal newspaper in Maryland. Spinazzola won for his Tower of Cool, which blows cool air directly into a computer, an alternative to the traditional method of cooling an entire data center room.
• Tom Hicks has been named vice president of the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Green Building Rating System program. His previous USGBC role was director of LEED for Existing Buildings. Prior to joining USGBC in 2004, he spent nine years as a senior program manager at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency .
• Ross & Baruzzini, Inc. , St. Louis, has promoted Jeff Crawford to vice president. Crawford has co-managed the engineering and special systems design practice for several years and most recently served as a director. Also, Paul Sabal, AIA , has joined the firm as director of health care.
• This coming January, Arora Engineers, Inc. , Chadds Ford, Pa., will celebrate its 20thanniversary. Named one of the region’s fastest-growing companies, the firm emphasizes creating systems for secure environments, particularly in the aviation, health-care, education, finance and mass transit markets.
• Charles Steinman has joined the Denver branch of MKK Consulting Engineers, Inc. as a senior electrical engineer and project manager. He is a licensed Professional Electrical Engineer and brings more than 37 years of experience in the design, construction and operation of electrical distribution systems.