Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer content: May 6-12, 2022
The most-viewed content from the past week covered hospitals, air movement, indoor air quality, NFPA 72 changes and microgrids.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 content over the past week covered hospitals, air movement, indoor air quality, NFPA 72 changes and microgrids. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Video: Electrification, decarbonization in hospitals – Two experts from Henderson Engineers explain how hospitals are setting trends in building electrification.
2. Air movement and air handling systems – When designers understand basic concepts applied within air movement or air handling systems and make correct fan selections, these systems can operate at or near peak efficiency.
3. Strategies for improving IAQ in sports training and fitness facilities – Sports training and fitness facilities have unique IAQ challenges. Code minimum ventilation rates and system designs may not meet the IAQ expectations of every client. IAQ improvement strategies should balance client goals, energy use and budget.
4. What to know about the 2022 edition of NFPA 72 – The 2022 edition of NFPA 72 has a number of changes. These changes can be implemented before the adoption of the code to enhance a fire alarm’s system design.
5. How do microgrids relate to the National Electrical Code? – Learn about the applicable code sections relating to microgrids and interconnected sources within NFPA 70.