Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: September 3-9, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. University supercomputers, chilled water plant performance, lighting design, Product of the Year finalists and pandemics and building design
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered university supercomputers, chilled water plant performance, lighting design, Product of the Year finalists and pandemics and building design. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Powering up the fastest university supercomputer – The University of Texas Frontera supercomputer requires massive amounts of electricity and posed a challenge to engineer the power supply in a limited space.
2. Understanding chilled water plant performance – Chilled water plant optimization strategies can be deployed through traditional programmed sequence of operations.
3. Lighting design engineers look at LED lighting advancements in K-12 schools – New LED advancements provide a level of capability that previously had been inaccessible to school facilities. PBA and Illuminart explore the evolution of lighting from incandescent to LED.
4. 2021 Product of the Year Finalists: Vote now! – Who will win gold in 2021? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 17th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes online.
5. How pandemics affect building design – COVID-19 affected engineers and building professionals’ designs in many ways.