Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, June 7 to June 13
Read the best articles from the past week. Engineers and building professionals clicked on: electrical system design and commissioning, sprinkler installations and obstructions, 2019 Product of the Year finalists, understanding GFCI nuisances and arc flash hazards.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for June 7 to June 13 covered electrical system design and commissioning, sprinkler installations and obstructions, 2019 Product of the Year finalists, understanding GFCI nuisances and arc flash hazards. Were you out last week? Catch up here with the link to each article below.
1. Electrical systems, from design to commissioning – Learn how to define the procedures of electrical schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding, and construction administration including electrical commissioning.
2. Sprinkler installations and obstructions – Sprinkler protection is an essential component of building fire and life safety. Sprinkler fire suppression systems are required to be installed with an understanding of the applicable standards and proper coordination among other building services throughout a project lifecycle.
3. 2019 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote for this year’s best products! Who will win gold in 2019? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 15th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
4. Understanding GFCI nuisances – Since the expansion of the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) requirements to include single-phase receptacles up to 50A and three-phase receptacles up to 100A, we’ve seen a trend of increased GFCI nuisance tripping.
5. Arc flash hazards: How to provide a safe work environment – Safety is the top priority in any work environment, and there is growing concern and increased discussion around the topic of arc flash hazards.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.