Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: June 26 to July 2, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. NFPA 99 strategies, improve chiller plant performance, healthy buildings, chilled water plants and improving the workplace.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for June 26 to July 2 covered NFPA 99 strategies, improve chiller plant performance, healthy buildings, chilled water plants and improving the workplace. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Basics of NFPA 99 changes for hospital design – How engineers should navigate the changes to the 2018 edition of NFPA 99.
2. Strategies to improve chiller plant performance, efficiency – Learn how to design chilled water systems that meet the thermal comfort demands and achieve operational and energy efficiencies.
3. The importance of healthy buildings in a pandemic – The wellness impacts of sustainable building design approaches in creating healthier and more productive lives for their occupants is even more important as the COVID-19 pandemic becomes a fact of life.
4. Air- versus water-cooled chilled water plants – A water-cooled chiller plant can be more efficient over the life span of the system and will be less costly than an air-cooled chiller plant.
5. Four lessons to take from working at home to improve the workplace – The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things for people who worked at home, but there are some valuable lessons to take from this unique experience that can make the work environment a better one.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.