Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 8-14, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. NFPA 70-2020 changes, BAS integration, VRF system design, electrical grounding and bonding and Product of the Year winners.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered choosing between an ECM and VFD, NEC changes, VRF system design, NFPA 70-2020 changes and BAS integration. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
2. NEC changes enhance resiliency – The 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code added changes to improve resiliency electrical system design.
3. Four steps for designing a VRF system – Variable refrigerant flow offers an alternate HVAC solution.
4. Understanding the changes to NFPA 70-2020 – New requirements of the 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code will affect facility design.
5. Integrating a BAS into design – Building systems should be high-performing, integrated and accessible — and the building automation system is the key to achieving these goals.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.