Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 8-14, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. NFPA 70-2020 changes, BAS integration, VRF system design, electrical grounding and bonding and Product of the Year winners.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered choosing between an ECM and VFD, NEC changes, VRF system design, NFPA 70-2020 changes and BAS integration. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
2. NEC changes enhance resiliency – The 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code added changes to improve resiliency electrical system design.
3. Four steps for designing a VRF system – Variable refrigerant flow offers an alternate HVAC solution.
4. Understanding the changes to NFPA 70-2020 – New requirements of the 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code will affect facility design.
5. Integrating a BAS into design – Building systems should be high-performing, integrated and accessible — and the building automation system is the key to achieving these goals.