Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 21-27, 2022
Read the best articles from the past week. Fire pump system design, BAS replacements, lighting controls and limiting COVID-19 infections and hospital fire life system design.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered fire pump system design, BAS replacements, lighting controls and limiting COVID-19 infections and hospital fire life system design. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Fire pump systems design and coordination – Learn about the details of fire pump design and interdisciplinary coordination throughout the design process.
2. Five steps to BAS replacements – Replacement of building automation systems can follow the process and precision of medical surgery.
3. How to use sequence of operations for lighting controls – Sequence operations provides a clear, concise and client-friendly method of communicating lighting design intent.
4. Engineering mitigations limit infection from COVID-19 – Ultraviolet germicidal irradiance (UVGI) has the ability to make buildings and indoor spaces healthier for their occupants by significantly reducing the spread of COVID-19 and future airborne respiratory viruses.
5. How are hospital fire and life safety systems being designed differently? – Hospitals and health care facilities are changing and their fire and life safety systems must transform with them.