Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 28 to March 5
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Feb. 28 to Mar. 5 covered NFPA 101 and building egress, NFPA 20 fire pumps, lighting occupancy sensors, and power quality and energy balance. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How egress is planned using NFPA 101 – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code is one of the primary sources for the requirements of exit pathways
2. NFPA 20: Fire pump design – When designing a fire pump, there are a number of factors to keep in mind, particularly NFPA 20
3. Commissioning lighting occupancy sensors – Installing lighting occupancy sensors and commissioning the devices have many benefits, including reducing operational and maintenance costs
4. How to balance power quality and energy efficiency – Negative impacts between efficiency equipment and power quality can be minimized if systems are designed and fortified with technologies to help manage power distribution better
5. How NFPA 101 defines building egress – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code provides fire protection engineers many resources for designing safe egress, along with several other life safety options