Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: April 17-23, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. COVID-19 strategies for hospitals, NFPA 101, coronavirus' effects on the A/E industry and grow facilities.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for April 17-23 covered HVAC strategies for COVID-19, patient care, coronavirus’ effects on the A/E industry, infection control technologies and A/E business evaluation tips. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Climate-informed HVAC increases in relative humidity may fight COVID-19 and other pandemics – Indoor relative humidity is a function of seasonal climate and building HVAC. The range of 40 to 60% RH may reduce contagion and help those who are infected.
2. Rapid conversion of an isolation suite for COVID-19 patient care – UNC REX Hospital in Raleigh, N.C., modified its buildings to mitigate the spread of the virus and prepare for an increased number of COVID-19 patients.
3. Coronavirus’ impact on the A/E industry, April 20, 2020 – Morrissey Goodale is providing A/E leaders with news on the coronavirus and its impact on the industry. Highlights this week include a roundup on the general impact of the economy and a take on the post-coronavirus AEC industry.
4. Infection control technologies for building design – Building design and operations need to consider infection control technologies in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
5. Three tips for A/E business valuation in the time of COVID-19 – COVID-19 is causing constant changes for A/E and environmental firms and it can be a challenge to know what lies ahead. Morrissey Goodale offers three tips for firm owners valuing firms in 2020