Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, November 2021
Read the best articles in November 2021 including: Product of the Year winners, Commissioning Giants, power factor correction, BAS replacements and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in November 2021 posted over the last three months covered Product of the Year winners, Commissioning Giants, power factor correction, BAS replacements and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Product of the Year winners – Consulting-Specifying Engineer reveals the MVP, gold, silver and bronze award recipients for the 2021 Product of the Year program.
2. 2021 Commissioning Giants – The 2021 Commissioning Giants data reports on the top 25 firms.
3. Your questions answered: Evolution of Power Factor Correction in Low-Voltage Distribution Networks – Electrical engineers should understand what power factor correction is, why engineers should correct power factor, the evolution from power factor to true power factor and various power factor correction techniques.
4. Five steps to BAS replacements – Replacement of building automation systems can follow the process and precision of medical surgery.
5. Changes in the electrical, power systems in manufacturing, industrial buildings – Several changes to the design of manufacturing and industrial buildings are covered here by electrical, power and lighting experts.
6. Design parameters for boilers and hot water heating systems – Understand the design and application of condensing boilers and heating water systems.
7. Thinking about emergency lighting code compliance – Emergency lighting control takes on many different forms and consulting engineers need to know the required codes and standards as well as the strategies to take to find the best possible solutions.
8. Engineering with automated fault detection and diagnostics – Building engineers and commissioning professionals can use automated fault detection and diagnostics, which has been more commonly used to save building energy and facilitate predictive maintenance.
9. COVID, sustainability drive college building design – Colleges and universities have been sustainability trendsetters over the past several years. COVID-19 has required designers to think differently.
10. How to use UVGI to mitigate airborne pathogens – UVGI can be an effective means to mitigate spread of airborne pathogens if selected and installed correctly.