Critical Power: Energy storage systems
1 AIA CES APPROVED LU AVAILABLE FOR ATTENDEES UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF AN EXAM.
What does an energy storage system look like? Energy storage systems have changed dramatically over the years. Learn about traditional systems and explore leading-edge technologies that meet decarbonization goals.
The need for robust, efficient and economical energy storage is growing on pace with the all-electric transitions of the utility and transportation sectors. Electrical, electrochemical, thermal and mechanical storage encompass a few of today’s technology options, each with distinct benefits depending on the intended application.
- Understand the various energy storage technologies available.
- Learn how energy storage systems can benefit building owners and operators.
- Refer to UL 9540: Standard for Energy Storage Systems and Equipment, a resource for electrical engineers.
- Refer to NFPA 855: Standard for Installation of Stationary Energy Storage Systems.
- Consider cutting-edge technologies and their applications.
Arun Murali, Associate Vice President, National Project Development Leader, Power Generation Practice, HDR Inc., Ann Arbor, Michigan
Kenneth Kutsmeda, PE, LEED AP, Global Technology Leader – Mission Critical, Jacobs, Philadelphia
Amara Rozgus, Content Manager, CFE Media and Technology