Webcast: How to design electrical distribution systems
Attend this webcast on June 30, 2022 to understand basic features when selecting, specifying and applying electrical distribution systems.
Electrical and other engineers should understand basic features when selecting, specifying and applying electrical distribution systems. To narrow the broad scope of electrical distribution, this discussion will focus on practical considerations for specifying electrical distribution systems.
This information will focus on common low-voltage 480/120-volt electrical distribution equipment encountered in many types of facilities and will touch on medium-voltage equipment. Also, basic considerations for rooms housing these pieces of electrical equipment will be highlighted.
- Understand basic features when selecting and specifying electrical distribution equipment.
- Know the types of overcurrent protection devices (molded case circuit breakers, insulated case circuit breakers, low-voltage power circuit breakers and fuses.
- Learn about switchboards as outlined in UL 891 and switchgear as outlined in UL 1558.
- Learn about panelboards, transformers and other electrical equipment.
- Understand basic room and space requirements for the electrical equipment.