Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: September 21-27, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. Fire safety, arc flash mitigation, government building design, integrated buildings and the COVID-19 pandemic and better building ventilation.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered fire safety, arc flash mitigation, government building design, integrated buildings and the COVID-19 pandemic and better building ventilation. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Creating fire safety resilience – Collaboration and specialized design considerations will provide resilience for more buildings and cities as they prepare for fire and other events impacting life safety.
2. Your questions answered: Arc flash mitigation – Reducing arc flash to electrical personnel is an evolutionary process. Learn more in this Q&A.
3. Best practices for designing electrical, power and lighting in government buildings – Learn how to specify electrical, power and lighting systems for government and military buildings.
4. How integrated buildings can react in pandemics – Integrated buildings can support an effective response in a pandemic, and assist with long-term planning.
5. Why better ventilation is key to limiting COVID-19 spread – The Facilities Task Force at CU Boulder is improving the university’s HVAC system to prevent COVID-19 spread during the school year.