Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 2-8, 2020
Read the best articles from the past week. UV light for aerosol disinfection, motor circuit protection, nanotech filter coatings, smart building consulting and integrated buildings.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered UV light for aerosol disinfection, motor circuit protection, nanotech filter coatings, smart building consulting and integrated buildings. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. UV light used for aerosol disinfection in unoccupied classrooms – Researchers at Penn State are using a grant to investigate whether aerosol disinfection of classrooms using UV light could be effective in the fight against COVID-19 and other diseases.
2. Fundamentals of motor circuit protection – Motor circuit protection involves understanding the National Electrical Code and equipment nameplate information.
3. Nanotech filter coating captures COVID-19 droplets – A nanotech coating designed to allow air filters to capture airborne or aerosolized droplets of the virus that causes COVID-19 has been developed by University of Houston researchers.
4. Smart building consulting: integrating people and systems – Examine the role of a smart building consultant and uncover the tools and processes used to communicate and work with stakeholders to deliver valuable smart building solutions.
5. How integrated buildings can react in pandemics – Integrated buildings can support an effective response in a pandemic, and assist with long-term planning.