Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: November 29-December 5
Read the best articles from the past week. Salary survey results, leveraging BIM, following an OPR to design lighting systems, linking commissioning to deliver better buildings, designing an energy-efficient lighting system.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Nov. 29-Dec. 5 covered salary survey results, leveraging BIM, following an OPR to design lighting systems, linking commissioning to deliver better buildings, designing an energy-efficient lighting system. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Salaries remain flat, other compensation increases – Are your salary, bonuses and benefits on par with others in the industry? Review the latest data to learn where you rank among your peers
2. Leveraging BIM for improved project coordination, integration – Building information modeling can help construction companies enhance productivity, but it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution
3. Following an OPR to design lighting systems – Lighting designers must consider many factors when specifying lighting systems and lighting controls for nonresidential buildings, including the owner’s project requirements
4. Linking commissioning, TAB to deliver better buildings – When the commissioning authority and the testing, adjusting and balancing contractor collaborate throughout the design and construction phases, it results in improved building construction
5. Designing an energy efficient lighting system – Understanding codes, controls and commissioning are key to an effective lighting design for a new or existing building