Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, May 31 to June 6
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for May 31 to June 6 covered 2019 Product of the Year finalists, performance based design for HVAC systems, visual perception and the impact on emergency illumination design, electrical testing and commissioning considerations and nuanced design strategies for senior living facilities.
1. 2019 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote for this year’s best products! Who will win gold in 2019? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 15th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
2. Performance-based design: HVAC systems – Many consulting engineers base their designs on performance, thus the focus on performance-based design in many specifications.
3. Visual perception and its impact on emergency illumination design – Emergency lighting provides illumination and wayfinding to allow building occupants to quickly and safely evacuate.
4. Considerations for electrical testing and commissioning – The need for testing and commissioning electrical equipment and systems varies by project, client, system, and building codes.
5. Attention to detail: Employing nuanced design strategies for senior living facilities – With a rising senior population, there’s a vital need for more senior living facilities and improved senior living care capabilities.