Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: June 11-17, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Fire protection systems, power for fire/life safety systems, modeling electrical systems, specifying HVAC systems and designing standby power systems.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered fire protection systems, power for fire/life safety systems, modeling electrical systems, specifying HVAC systems and designing standby power systems. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Choosing active and passive fire protection systems – A combination of active and passive fire protection systems is needed to address the factor of human behavior in the built environment.
2. Your questions answered: Power for emergency fire/life safety systems – Questions not answered during the live webcast are answered here; learn more about emergency, standby and backup power for fire and life safety systems.
3. Picking software to model electrical systems – As electrical power and lighting systems become more complex, modeling for safe and reliable electrical operations becomes increasingly important.
4. Specifying HVAC systems in manufacturing, warehouse buildings – Warehouse, manufacturing and logistics facilities need engineering experts to specify various HVAC and plumbing systems.
5. How to design standby power systems to withstand storms – Facility owners and design professionals must consider protection from severe weather events when designing standby power systems.