Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles July 5-11
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for July 5-11 covered electrical systems design to commissioning, resiliency and climate change, sprinkler installations and obstructions, best practices for fire alarm notification design and the 2019 lighting and lighting controls study. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Electrical systems, from design to commissioning – Learn how to define the procedures of electrical schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding, and construction administration including electrical commissioning.
2. Resiliency, climate change with Hope Herron, Resilient Infrastructure Expert – Today’s cities need to be designed to be resilient in the face of a more uncertain future.
3. Sprinkler installations and obstructions – Sprinkler protection is an essential component of building fire and life safety. Sprinkler fire suppression systems are required to be installed with an understanding of the applicable standards and proper coordination among other building services throughout a project lifecycle.
4. Best practices for fire alarm notification design – As the functions and goals of fire alarm notification systems expand, the system layout must be effectively designed to provide a variety of vital signals.
5. 2019 Lighting and Lighting Controls Study – Lighting design revenue up 14% over 2018 report