Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 15-21, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. The cost and scope of a BAS, choosing between an ECM and VFD, NEC changes, data center metrics and electrical grounding and bonding.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered the cost and scope of a BAS, choosing between an ECM and VFD, NEC changes, data center metrics and electrical grounding and bonding. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Identify cost, scope of a BAS – Finding the budget to implement a building automation system often proves challenging. Learn to compare scope against the cybersecurity requirements.
2. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
3. NEC changes enhance resiliency – The 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code added changes to improve resiliency electrical system design.
4. Understanding changing data center metrics – There is a better way to assess data center behavior. Novel multidimensional metrics have been incorporated in data center standards and best practices.
5. Electrical grounding and bonding per NEC – Understanding correct grounding and bonding design and construction is crucial for proper electrical system operation and personnel safety.