Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 7-13
Read the best articles from the past week. NEC 2017 changes, NFPA 20 fire pumps, office building design, successful acoustic projects and lighting occupancy sensors.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Feb. 7-13 covered NEC 2017 changes, NFPA 20 fire pumps, office building design, successful acoustic projects and lighting occupancy sensors. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Analyzing NEC 2017 changes – Several changes to the 2017 edition of NFPA 70: National Electrical Code should be noted
2. NFPA 20: Fire pump design – When designing a fire pump, there are a number of factors to keep in mind, particularly NFPA 20
3. What’s so special about office buildings? Learn about fire and life safety systems – Office buildings are complex structures containing automated features, energy-saving designs, high-tech equipment and other components as advanced as you’d find in any other state-of-the-art project. Fire protection engineers play a key role
4. Eight considerations for an acoustically successful project – The team at TLC Engineering Solutions recently developed this list of building elements where noise transmission should be considered during design to result in a successful project.
5. Commissioning lighting occupancy sensors – Installing lighting occupancy sensors and commissioning the devices have many benefits, including reducing operational and maintenance costs