Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: February 5-11, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. choosing between an ECM and VFD, BAS integration, data center metrics, NEC changes and the scope and cost of a BAS.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered choosing between an ECM and VFD, BAS integration, data center metrics, NEC changes and the scope and cost of a BAS. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
2. Integrating a BAS into design – Building systems should be high-performing, integrated and accessible — and the building automation system is the key to achieving these goals.
3. Understanding changing data center metrics – There is a better way to assess data center behavior. Novel multidimensional metrics have been incorporated in data center standards and best practices.
4. Electrical grounding and bonding per NEC – Understanding correct grounding and bonding design and construction is crucial for proper electrical system operation and personnel safety.
5. Identify cost, scope of a BAS – Finding the budget to implement a building automation system often proves challenging. Learn to compare scope against the cybersecurity requirements.