Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: April 22-28, 2022
Read the best articles from the past week. AI and building systems, building electrical systems, fire alarm signals, air handling systems and school changes.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered AI and building systems, building electrical systems, fire alarm signals, air handling systems and school changes. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Using artificial intelligence to control building systems – Energy savings in buildings can be achieved when artificial intelligence and building automation systems are connected to achieve HVAC goals.
2. Video: Integrating building electrical systems – Wissam Balshe, Cummins, provides an overview of new technologies in the electrical engineering industry.
3. Which fire alarm signal should be used? – Fire alarm signals should be based on response, not on the type of device.
4. Air movement and air handling systems – When designers understand basic concepts applied within air movement or air handling systems and make correct fan selections, these systems can operate at or near peak efficiency.
5. Technology drives K-12 school changes – Updates, COVID and tech trends are shifting the way K-12 schools are designed.