Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: April 1-7, 2022
Read the best articles from the past week. Prefabrication's future, electrical power quality, office building standards, chilled water system trends and building system controls
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered prefabrication’s future, electrical power quality, office building standards, chilled water system trends and building system controls. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. What is the future of prefabrication in the U.S. construction industry? – Prefabrication offers many advantages, and its adoption hinges on support from players across the building and design industry.
2. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
3. Office building codes, standards may change – COVID, employee well-being and indoor air quality issues have all changed the way office building codes and standards are considered.
4. Video: Trends in chillers and chilled water systems with Dennis Sczomak – Peter Basso Associates’ Dennis Sczomak takes a look at chillers and chilled water systems, and how integrating then with other HVAC elements plays a role.
5. Using artificial intelligence to control building systems – Energy savings in buildings can be achieved when artificial intelligence and building automation systems are connected to achieve HVAC goals.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.