Tower of Power
GE’s new GenTower generator connection switchboard allows facility managers to get the power going again and their operations back up and running. GenTower saves labor and downtime costs because the stand-alone, permanent solution connects to a mobile generator via color-coded quick connects, which feeds the main power system without emergency modifications.
Rated up to 4,000 A at 65k AIC, GenTower connects either by cabling to the lugs on the main switchboard (if tap connections are in place), with hard bus connection to approved GE switchboards, or through a feeder breaker. The unit is also available as a selection in a new Spectra Series line-up and the stand-alone version’s NEMA 3R enclosure installs in any location accessible to a mobile generator.
Since the GenTower can cable into any switchboard, and even products of other manufacturers, it offers complete flexibility as an add-on to any installed base.
Along with delivering assurance, flexibility and cost savings, GenTower offers:
- Connection via color-coded, cam-lock quick connects and traditional lugs;
- Cable support to help maintain proper connection of cables to quick connects;
- Clear display of operation sequence on front cover;
- Key interlocks with the main breaker on typical switchboard line-ups;
- UL 891, Switchboards and meets Florida Building Code Section 4126.96.36.199.7.