• Dennis Cronin has joined Gilbane Building Company , Lawrenceville, N.J., as principal for the Mission Critical Center of Excellence. Cronin has 25 years experience in the data center/mission-critical market segment.
• Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. has added four new employees to its Memphis office: Francois van Eck, P.E. , as civil engineer; Adlai Johnson, Jr. as mechanical engineer; Sean Jackson as process and automation designer; and Jaret Gaither as engineer intern.
• Daniel J. Englehart, P.E., LEED-AP has been promoted from senior vice president to the newly created chief operating officer position at Peter Basso Assocs. , Troy, Mich. Dan will be responsible for the operation and performance of the firm’s higher education, K-12 schools, health-care/lab and corporate/governmental market sector groups, contract administration/commissioning dept., IT/CAD dept. and temperature controls team. The firm also announced that Gerald Potapa has joined the firm as a mechanical engineer and will be involved in the technical production of systems design for the corporate governmental market sector.
• Cannon Design has received a Vision Award from Constructech magazine. The award recognizes leaders in the construction community who employ creative technology solutions. Cannon was honored for the advancement of its Construction Administration practice using Primavera Systems Expedition software.
• A/E firm LHB has hired R. Bruce Cornwall, AIA , as the dept. manager for community design and education at its Minneapolis office.