M/E Insider: Bala is LEED-CI, More Expansion for KTA
• Bala Consulting Engineers moved into its new office last august. Acting as the LEED Project Administrator, Bala designed, commissioned and registered its office space for the Certified Level for the Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) Ratings System, and the company recently received official notice that the office was awarded the Certified Level. Bala is one of less than forty projects worldwide, and is believed to be the first engineering firm in the nation, to be awarded the LEED-CI Green Certification.
• KTA Group, Inc. has opened an additional office in Tyson’s Corner, Va.nd the recent purchase of another engineering design firm, MECA, PC of eastern Tennessee.
• SEi Companies , today announced that Massimo D'Aloisio has been named senior associate and William Hooley, RCDD , an associate of the firm. D'Aloisio, one of SEi's project managers, has more than 25 years of engineering experience. Hooley is the director of SEi's Communication Technologies Dept.
• The Central Iowa Chapter of the Iowa Engineering Society has named Scott Bowman, P.E. , as its Engineer of the Year. Bowman, who lives in Johnston, Iowa, is a principal at KJWW Engineering Consultants , Des Moines.
• Management consulting and engineering firm R.W. recently hired three new employees in the energy sector. Matthias Gewalt joins the firm as a mechanical project engineer/analyst and is based in the Denver office. John F. Miller joins as a senior hydroelectric consultant in the Denver office. Scott Cochran , a new analyst, is based in the Nashville, Tenn. office.