Battery Sizing and Configuration Program
A Web-based battery sizing and configuration program offers an advanced sizing engine with more configuration options for multiple applications.
EnerSys has introduced a Web-based battery sizing and configuration program (BSP) that offers an advanced sizing engine with more configuration options for multiple applications including switchgear, telecom, UPS, and solar applications. Unlike most sizing solutions available, this BSP also provides battery layout/configuration options.
BSP is now the official sizing engine for EnerSys. Because it is a Web-based application, BSP is designed to be constantly updated with the latest information that EnerSys clients need and the site will benefit from regular upgrades and new releases. Clients can access BSP 24/7 from anywhere in the globe using the Internet.
New reports that are available on BSP will save clients time and give them the answers they need to make educated decisions. The ability to save the reports for future references is helpful for planning. Some of the reports available include:
- Summary Margin Reports - show the user how well each EnerSys battery fits their requirements (shown in a percent value)
- Standard IEEE-485 Reports - show the sizing calculations for all applications except UPS
- UPS Sizing Reports - provide specifications based on IEEE with parameters that are made for UPS system requirements
- Rack and Cabinet Reports - provide the customer detailed information such as seismic zone, footprint, floor loading, spill containment and any selected optional rack/cabinet items
- Overall System Reports - provide a bill of material (BOM) of the entire battery system and provides a list of optional accessories for the battery type chosen
- Performance Reports - allow users to create custom battery performance literature for the time periods and voltages they want to see
The EnerSys BSP can be used to determine the best configuration options for racks, accessories and various room layouts for traditional flooded products and the DataSafe 12 V Top Terminal and 16 V Front Terminal HX batteries.
BSP works on multiple operating systems and it is optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0+. The program is best viewed on display sizes of 1024x768 pixels or larger. The BSP is currently available in four different languages.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Consulting-Specifying Engineer case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.