Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 22-28, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Commissioning giants, life safety requirements, automated fault detection diagnostics, BIM and COVID-19, and UV light benefits
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered commissioning giants, life safety requirements, automated fault detection diagnostics, BIM and COVID-19, and UV light benefits. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Commissioning Giants – The 2021 Commissioning Giants data reports on the top 25 firms.
2. New life safety requirements for business occupancies – These changes will impact both Hospital and Critical Access Hospital standards.
3. Engineering with automated fault detection and diagnostics – Building engineers and commissioning professionals can use automated fault detection and diagnostics, which has been more commonly used to save building energy and facilitate predictive maintenance.
4. Using BIM in a pandemic – Engineers were already using BIM, but COVID-19 shifted them to a building software-based digital design hub.
5. UV light is effective, safe deterrent against COVID-19 in public places – A specific ultraviolet (UV) wavelength was found to be effective in killing the COVID-19 virus as well as other respiratory viruses while still being safe for public use.