Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 22-28, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Commissioning giants, life safety requirements, automated fault detection diagnostics, BIM and COVID-19, and UV light benefits
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered commissioning giants, life safety requirements, automated fault detection diagnostics, BIM and COVID-19, and UV light benefits. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. 2021 Commissioning Giants – The 2021 Commissioning Giants data reports on the top 25 firms.
2. New life safety requirements for business occupancies – These changes will impact both Hospital and Critical Access Hospital standards.
3. Engineering with automated fault detection and diagnostics – Building engineers and commissioning professionals can use automated fault detection and diagnostics, which has been more commonly used to save building energy and facilitate predictive maintenance.
4. Using BIM in a pandemic – Engineers were already using BIM, but COVID-19 shifted them to a building software-based digital design hub.
5. UV light is effective, safe deterrent against COVID-19 in public places – A specific ultraviolet (UV) wavelength was found to be effective in killing the COVID-19 virus as well as other respiratory viruses while still being safe for public use.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.