Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: October 1-7, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Circuit coordination, IAQ facilities, lighting systems, wildfire smoke mitigation and secure power grids.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered circuit coordination, IAQ facilities, lighting systems, wildfire smoke mitigation and secure power grids. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Circuit coordination: reliability, personnel safety or both? – As electrical power systems become more complex, system coordination and protection of a facility becomes increasingly important for safe and reliable operation.
2. How to prepare a facility to be IAQ centric – Indoor air quality is key in buildings, and there are several ways to measure and improve upon it.
3. Your questions answered with Michael Chow: Holistic lighting systems – Learn more about holistic lighting systems in this Q&A with Michael Chow.
4. Wildfire smoke mitigation strategies in buildings – Planning, architectural, HVAC, control and in-room or portable appliance strategies for limiting wildfire smoke from entering into buildings.
5. Building a secure energy and power grid for the future – The power grid that keeps the world running has historically been stable and secure. With digital transformation and the rise of converging technologies, there are many ways to create a better power grid, but it comes with challenges.