Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: March 6 to March 12
Read the best articles from the past week. Preventing the coronavirus with preparation, portable coronavirus detection, balancing power quality and energy efficiency, NFPA 101 and building egress, and improved energy efficiency for businesses and vehicles.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for March 6 to March 12 covered preventing the coronavirus with preparation, portable coronavirus detection, balancing power quality and energy efficiency, NFPA 101 and building egress, and improved energy efficiency for businesses and vehicles. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Preventing coronavirus through preparation – Many manufacturers are becoming increasingly concerned with Covid-19 breakouts on the production floor. There are ways to improve worker safety through preventive best practices and proper preparation.
2. Paper device could bring portable coronavirus detection – Purdue University biomedical engineers have developed a handheld paper device that could accurately detect COVID-19 and other coronaviruses with the right manufacturing process, but developing the process is expensive.
3. How to balance power quality and energy efficiency – Negative impacts between efficiency equipment and power quality can be minimized if systems are designed and fortified with technologies to help manage power distribution better
4. How egress is planned using NFPA 101 – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code is one of the primary sources for the requirements of exit pathways
5. Turbomachine expander improves energy efficiency for businesses and vehicles – Purdue University researchers have developed a turbomachine expander that helps harvest previously wasted energy used in the process of moving the air from high to low pressure.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.