Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: March 5-11, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Effective COVID-19 mitigation, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC electrical grounding, the scope and cost of a BAS and choosing between an ECM and VFD.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered effective COVID-19 mitigation, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC electrical grounding, the scope and cost of a BAS and choosing between an ECM and VFD. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Effective COVID-19 mitigation for HVAC systems – There are many technologies available for HVAC systems to combat the spread of COVID-19, but not all systems apply to all building types.
2. NFPA 101 and COVID-19 – Engineers need to consider the public health and life safety issues of reopening a building after COVID-19.
3. Electrical grounding and bonding per NEC – Understanding correct grounding and bonding design and construction is crucial for proper electrical system operation and personnel safety.
4. Identify cost, scope of a BAS – Finding the budget to implement a building automation system often proves challenging. Learn to compare scope against the cybersecurity requirements.
5. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.