Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: March 5-11, 2021
Read the best articles from the past week. Effective COVID-19 mitigation, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC electrical grounding, the scope and cost of a BAS and choosing between an ECM and VFD.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered effective COVID-19 mitigation, NFPA 101 and COVID-19, NEC electrical grounding, the scope and cost of a BAS and choosing between an ECM and VFD. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Effective COVID-19 mitigation for HVAC systems – There are many technologies available for HVAC systems to combat the spread of COVID-19, but not all systems apply to all building types.
2. NFPA 101 and COVID-19 – Engineers need to consider the public health and life safety issues of reopening a building after COVID-19.
3. Electrical grounding and bonding per NEC – Understanding correct grounding and bonding design and construction is crucial for proper electrical system operation and personnel safety.
4. Identify cost, scope of a BAS – Finding the budget to implement a building automation system often proves challenging. Learn to compare scope against the cybersecurity requirements.
5. How to choose between an ECM and a VFD – While each has its place in HVAC applications, electronically commutated motors and variable frequency drives have important differences in simplicity, flexibility, cost and other factors.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.