Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: April 15-21, 2022
Read the best articles from the past week. Building electrical systems, prefabrication, K-12 school changes, electrical power quality and specifying variable-speed compression.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online over the past week covered building electrical systems, prefabrication, K-12 school changes, electrical power quality and specifying variable-speed compression. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Video: Integrating building electrical systems – Wissam Balshe, Cummins, provides an overview of new technologies in the electrical engineering industry.
2. What is the future of prefabrication in the U.S. construction industry? – Prefabrication offers many advantages, and its adoption hinges on support from players across the building and design industry.
3. Technology drives K-12 school changes – Updates, COVID and tech trends are shifting the way K-12 schools are designed.
4. Electrical power quality and system harmonics: Practical options exist – Harmonic distortion resolution of variable frequency drive motor applications will provide the most beneficial actions for IEEE 519 compliance.
5. Why specify variable-speed compression in commercial refrigeration? – Maximize energy efficiency, setpoint precision and equipment reliability with variable frequency drives and compressors.