Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Articles, April 12 to April 18
2019 Product of the Year finalists, integrating modeling into building design, designing data center AHUs, understanding GFCI nuisances, and building energy modeling were Consulting-Specifying Engineer's five most clicked articles from last week, April 12 to April 18. Were you out last week? You can catch up here.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 most read articles online for April 12 to April 18 covered 2019 Product of the Year finalists, integrating modeling into building design, designing data center AHUs, understanding GFCI nuisances, and building energy modeling. Were you out last week? You can catch up here. Link to each article below.
1. 2019 Product of the Year Finalists – Vote for this year’s best products! Who will win gold in 2019? Consulting-Specifying Engineer announces the finalists for the 15th annual Product of the Year competition, and readers will have the final word. Cast your votes at www.csemag.com/NP4E.
2. Integrating modeling into building design – The use of building information modeling continues to change as the engineering industry finds new methodologies for incorporating the power of modeling into the design and construction process.
3. Designing data center air handling and conditioning systems – Strategies for implementing new air handling systems, including specific performance criteria, energy use targets, climate and heat recovery are among the many topics to be addressed during the conceptual engineering and design process.
4. Understanding GFCI nuisances – Since the expansion of the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) requirements to include single-phase receptacles up to 50A and three-phase receptacles up to 100A, we’ve seen a trend of increased GFCI nuisance tripping.
5. Building Energy Modeling: Present state and progress – Research shows that we need more modeling to replace design rules of thumb ensuring that occupants are comfortable, healthy, and productive.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.