Industry Roundup: York Wins and EPA Award; Armstrong Expands
• ASSA ABLOY Identification Technology Group , Walluf, Germany and Irvine, Calif., announced that one of its member companies, Interlock AG , an international multi-technology card solutions manufacturer, has completed the acquisition of the majority of the assets of the former printoplast Group , a specialist in preprinted plastic credentials containing advanced security features.
• Actuent Corporation , parent company of Enerpac , has completed its acquisition of Hydratight Sweeney , Birmingham, United Kingdom, which manufactures and provides bolting products and services to the oil and gas, power generation, industrial and other end-user markets. Hydratight Sweeney will report into the Enerpac business and be included in Actuant’s Tools & Supplies segment.
• Armstrong International, Inc. , Stuart, Fla., has formed the Armstrong Hot Water Group , Three Rivers, Mich., to provide customers with an integrated solutions approach to their hot water needs.
• York International Corporation , York, Pa., was honored with a 2005 Climate Protection Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The award recognizes York for its pioneering work and ongoing development of electronic variable-speed-drive (VSD) technology and its energy-saving capability when applied to chillers.
• UPM Rafsec , Tampere, Finland, an RFID tag manufacturer, is to build a new state-of-the-art RFID tag production facility in Fletcher, N.C. The new factory will specialize in the production of high-quality UHF (ultra high frequency) tags. The factory will begin operations in the final quarter of 2005.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.