Industry Roundup: Bentley Research Director a Top Innovator
• Bentley Systems, Inc. announced that Bentley Building’s director of research, Robert Aish, Ph.D., has been named one of the top ten innovators by Building Design. Dr. Aish is best known for his work on GenerativeComponents. This design system attempts to give designers and engineers new ways to efficiently and quickly explore alternative building forms without recreating the design model for each scenario.
• Bosch Security Systems , Fairpoint, N.Y., announced that senior fire product manager Jack McNamara , with a career in the fire safety industry that spans more than 30 years, has been appointed vice chairman of NEMA’s (National Electrical Manufacturing Assn.) Signaling, Protection and Communication Product Group. He will work with the group chairman and representatives of the association to promote safe product installation, innovative product development and ongoing training among industry members.
• CertainTeed is marking their second anniversary with the GREENGUARD program with positive responses. The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute is a third-party organization that tests and certifies low-emitting home and office products and building materials. HVAC contractors, specifiers and end users have responded positively to the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute’s certification of CetainTeed HVAC and mechanical insulation products as low emitting, according to a CertainTeed official.
• Compass Technologies , Exton, Pa., and WebEyeAlert, Inc. , Chelmsford, Mass., have entered into a strategic partnership for a fully integrated security system solution providing both advanced video surveillance/video monitoring and access control. WebEyeAlert’s DVR+ digital video recorder and NVR+ network video recorder systems will be integrated with Compass Technologies’ access control systems.
• DuPont Fluorochemicals , a global supplier of refrigerants, and Rhodia , a global specialty chemicals company, have signed an agreement by which DuPont plans to purchase the ISCEON(R) hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant blends business from Rhodia, pending regulatory approvals. The ISCEON(R) range of refrigerants comprises non-ozone-depleting blends used as a replacement for ozone depleting refrigerants in air-conditioning, cold storage, domestic refrigeration and process cooling.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.