Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed energy efficiency articles in 2021
Read the best articles about energy efficiency published in the last year including: Improved chiller plant efficiency, ASHRAE 90.4 and data center energy efficiency, zero energy building best practices and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online about energy efficiency posted over the last year covered improved chiller plant efficiency, ASHRAE 90.4 and data center energy efficiency, zero energy building best practices and more. Catch up with a link to each article below. Also: See additional energy efficiency stories here.
1. Strategies to improve chiller plant performance, efficiency – Learn how to design chilled water systems that meet the thermal comfort demands and achieve operational and energy efficiencies.
2. What ASHRAE 90.4 does for data center energy efficiency – The design and operation of data centers continues to evolve, with ASHRAE Standard 90.4 as guidance.
3. Best practices for zero energy buildings and smart grid integration – Zero energy buildings, renewable energy and the smart grid are key considerations to commercial building design.
4. Energy storage: A component of energy conservation – Energy storage must be embraced as part of energy policy, and captured in standards such as ASHRAE 90.1 to maximize the environmental and resiliency benefits of increased renewable energy production.
5. Energy storage plays a key role in microgrids – Energy storage systems can provide robustness to a microgrid installation by improving resiliency of the electrical supply and creating an ROI for the stakeholders.