Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed building types articles in 2022
Read the best articles about building types including pandemics and building design, hydraulic systems, HVAC system specifying, net zero carbon in buildings and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online about building types posted over the last year covered pandemics and building design, hydraulic systems, HVAC system specifying, net zero carbon in buildings and more. Also: See additional building types stories here.
1. How pandemics affect building design – COVID-19 affected engineers and building professionals’ designs in many ways.
2. Designing hydraulic systems on high-rise, large buildings – Know how making correct decisions in the initial hydraulic plan helps the facility operate more efficiently and effectively.
3. Specifying HVAC systems in manufacturing, warehouse buildings – Warehouse, manufacturing and logistics facilities need engineering experts to specify various HVAC and plumbing systems.
4. What does net zero carbon mean in buildings? – ASHRAE Standard 90.1 is the backbone of commercial building energy modeling and code compliance efforts so it is essential to consider in relation to net zero carbon buildings.
5. How solar heat gain affects building design – The SHGC of glazing is a tiny number in a sea of values to consider, but it has broad impacts on HVAC systems, lighting design, the appearance of the building, façade costs and the health and comfort of occupants.