Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed articles, March 2020
Read the best articles in March 2020 including: Coronavirus' impacts on consulting engineers, egress and NFPA 101, design aspects of mass notification systems and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 10 articles online in March 2020 covered coronavirus’ impacts on consulting engineers, egress and NFPA 101, design aspects of mass notification systems and more. Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Preventing coronavirus through preparation – Many manufacturers are becoming increasingly concerned with Covid-19 breakouts on the production floor. There are ways to improve worker safety through preventive best practices and proper preparation.
2. Coronavirus’ impact on the A/E industry – Morrissey Goodale is providing A/E leaders with news on the coronavirus and its impact on our industry from a variety of a perspectives and how companies are dealing with this new normal.
3. Coronavirus’ impact on the A/E industry, March 23, 2020 – Morrissey Goodale is providing A/E leaders with news on the coronavirus and its impact on the industry. Highlights this week include a list of shelter-in-place orders for cities and the coronavirus’ impact on the AEC market so far.
4. How egress is planned using NFPA 101 – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code is one of the primary sources for the requirements of exit pathways.
5. Design aspects of mass notification systems – The design and implementation of a mass notification system requires a risk analysis to determine the needs and requirements.
6. How U.S. hospitals are designed to battle coronavirus, other infectious diseases – Hospitals are designed to control the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19. A look at how they do this as well as some ideas health systems may want to consider as they prepare for the pandemic-related possibilities we face.
7. What’s so special about office buildings? Learn about codes and standards – Office buildings are complex structures containing automated features, energy-saving designs, high-tech equipment and other components as advanced as you’d find in any other state-of-the-art project; it is vital to understand codes and standards.
8. Ask an expert on COVID-19: Michael Sheerin provides engineering guidance – Michael Sheerin shared expert advice to engineers and others involved in the technical aspects of engineering and designing building systems.
9. Illuminating the means of egress – Differentiating the requirements of egress lighting versus emergency egress lighting requires a close look at several codes and standards.
10. How NFPA 101 defines building egress – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code provides fire protection engineers many resources for designing safe egress, along with several other life safety options.