What does the future health care facility look like?
Consider all the integrated systems that could make hospitals powerful and flexible
Future health care facilities will be flexible, adaptable buildings with fully integrated, intelligent systems that know when and how to adapt the environment for ultimate healing. Spaces will be dynamic and centered toward healing with individual controls at our fingertips to empower the patients and occupants alike to tailor individual experiences.
- What if wireless lighting controls could provide a bridge to the ultimate “future-proof by design” health care facility?
- What if a single, integrated platform could be used for a multitude of systems, working together harmoniously, without interference, while providing a safe and secure backbone designed to withstand any type of cyberthreat?
- What if the lighting control devices — already part of the building — could be used for asset tracking and patient/staff badging systems?
- What if the devices could be used to monitor patient falls to enable faster staff reaction times and allow for speedier recovery?
- What if the interior devices coupled with the exterior lighting control devices could monitor patient duress even upon leaving the building (before discharge), whether it be to visit an exterior healing garden or unintentional wandering, such as a senior living center or mental health facility?
- What if the same wireless lighting control system could be used to reduce health care acquired infections by detecting staff’s proximity to hand sanitizing locations and validating that soap was dispensed?
- What if it could offer further energy savings with integral power metering?
- What if a single system could integrate with refrigeration monitoring systems, building management systems and staff analytics, from a single platform?
The possibilities are endless.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.