Webcast: Critical Power: Renewable energy systems
Attend this webcast on May 24, 2022 to learn what to consider when interconnecting renewable energy production systems.
Electrical engineers have several items to consider when interconnecting renewable energy production systems.
Whether designing a renewable energy production system to connect into an existing building’s electrical system, or designing a solar-ready facility where only a means to interconnect a future renewable energy production system is provided, the details of the interconnection can have a major impact on the design, cost and schedule of a renewable energy production system project.
The design of an electrical utility grid-connected renewable energy production system, whether it be photovoltaic (PV), wind or alternative technology, can be broken into two parts:
- The energy system itself, including production equipment, conversion equipment and any other balance of system components
- The electrical interconnection to the grid.
- Learn which renewable energy production system is viable in a particular geographic location.
- Understand the guidelines engineers and designers should use when designing renewable systems.
- Explain the basics of connecting a renewable energy production system to a building’s electrical system.
- Help system designers, integrators and owners consider the implications of different interconnection options and requirements for utility interactive renewable energy production systems.