Top 5 Consulting-Specifying Engineer articles: January 10-16
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online for Jan. 10-16 covered electrical design for smoke control systems, NFPA 101 and egress, 2020 expectations for engineering firms, building automation advances, and NFPA 20. Were you out last week? Catch up with a link to each article below.
1. Electrical design for smoke control systems – Engineers designing electrical infrastructure to support smoke control systems must be aware of the stringent requirements listed throughout multiple code sections
2. How egress is planned using NFPA 101 – NFPA 101: Life Safety Code is one of the primary sources for the requirements of exit pathways
3. What engineering firms can expect in 2020 – Here are eight business trends to watch this year
4. Advances in building automation – Building automation has seen a tremendous amount of advancement and is changing not only how buildings are managed and operated, but also how they interact with the grid
5. NFPA 20: Fire pump design – When designing a fire pump, there are a number of factors to keep in mind, particularly NFPA 20