M/E Insider: An Award for USGBC, and New Offices for Two Engineering Firms
• The U.S. Green Building Council was recently awarded the fourth annual National Building Museum’s Henry C. Turner Prize for Innovation in Construction Technology for its promotion of sustainable design and building practices and its development of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.
• Pat Mullin, P.E. , vice president and senior project manager, Stanley Consultants , Muscatine, Iowa, was named 2005 Mentor of the Year at the National Society of Professional Engineers annual meeting in Chicago. Mullin has been with Stanley since 1973 and has been a strong advocate for mentoring and staff development for nearly 40 years.
• Nashville-based Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. has opened a branch office in Knoxville, Tenn. There are currently three staff members at the new location, with more to be announced in the coming weeks. Phil Shokouhi, P.E. , will serve as vice president of the office. He was previously mechanical division director for the firm’s Memphis office.
• Shannon & Wilson , headquartered in Seattle, announced the opening of a Jacksonville, Fla. office. Mark Popovich , a vice president, will head the new office, which plans to combine the expertise of local engineers with relocated engineers from other of the firm’s locations.
• Albert Kahn Assocs. , Detroit, announced that Lawrence Fill has become certified as a Quality Commissioning Provider. Fill joined AKA in 1997 as a member of the field services department and currently serves as manager of commissioning services.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.