Consulting-Specifying Engineer most-viewed integration articles in 2021
Read the best articles about BAS integration, smart grid integration, BIM use in a pandemic, building integration and more.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s top 5 articles online about integration posted over the last year covered BAS integration, smart grid integration, BIM use in a pandemic, BIM workflow and building integration. Also: See additional integration stories here.
1. Integrating a BAS into design – Building systems should be high-performing, integrated and accessible — and the building automation system is the key to achieving these goals.
2. Best practices for zero energy buildings and smart grid integration – Zero energy buildings, renewable energy and the smart grid are key considerations to commercial building design.
3. Using BIM in a pandemic – Engineers were already using BIM, but COVID-19 shifted them to a building software-based digital design hub.
4. Managing BIM workflow and improving the process – Building information modeling (BIM) is a workflow and acts as a combination of those three words that make up the acronym during the design process.
5. Integration, interoperability in high-performance buildings – When information and operational technology collaborate with business leaders, facility managers gain secure access to the data they need to achieve their sustainability goals.